In my hunt for resources to help me develop my business know-how and gathering more funds I discovered the below 10 resources. These sources are specifically designed to assist veterans develop as business owners to include find funding. The below descriptions are excerpts from their individual sites. I do not promote or specifically advocate any of the below organizations. However, I do hope you are able to receive as much help as you need from the below.
- Warrior Rising: "We are a nonprofit dedicated to helping veterans achieve success in business through partnerships, mentoring and funding. We take pride in giving back to those who have given so much – providing our veterans with opportunities to earn employment, create sustainable businesses and perpetuate the hiring of fellow U.S. Military veterans."
- VetToCEO: "VetToCEO, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports veterans and transitioning military members to succeed in business ownership. Our entrepreneurial community, with its training resources and guidance, assists veterans in leveraging their skills to start or buy a business and run it successfully."
- Veteran Business Outreach Center: "Our Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) serves active duty personnel, veterans, and military spouses who want to learn more about, then start and grow a small business of their own in the state of Florida. We serve the entire state of Florida from our headquarters in Panama City at Gulf Coast State College."
- The Institute for Veterans and Military Families’ Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities: "Located on the campus of Syracuse University, the IVMF has quickly established itself as the first interdisciplinary national institute in higher education focused on the social, economic, education and policy issues impacting veterans and their families post-service."
- Techstar’s Patriot Bootcamp: "The objective of PBC is to provide service members, Veterans, and spouses with access to mentors and training to help them innovate and build the next generation of high-growth, scaleable and impactful companies. Patriot Boot Camp leverages a nationwide network of business and startup community thought leaders to help entrepreneurs bridge the gap between military service and entrepreneurial life."
- VetsinTech: "VetInTech supports our current and returning veterans with re-integration services, and by connecting them to the national technology ecosystem. VIT is committed to bringing together a tech-specific network, resources, and programs for our veterans interested in Education, Entrepreneurship, and Employment – the 3E’s!"
- Bunker Labs: "We work to inspire, educate, and connect veterans with the right people and the right resources to be successful as entrepreneurs and as innovators. Additionally our online platform, Bunker in a Box, gives active duty and veterans worldwide access to entrepreneurship education, complete with dozens of interviews with military veterans who have successfully started a diverse array of businesses."
American Legion help veterans in the step of entrepreneurship. https://t.co/qNk9tj5xz1— Butter Angels (@butterangelsllc) March 12, 2017
- American Legion: "Boots to Business is designed to help participants understand the steps, stages and activities related to launching and growing a business. This also includes understanding how entrepreneurship might align, or not, with their own personal strengths and life goals, according to McCaffrey."
- V-WISE: "V-WISE is operated by the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University (IVMF). It is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the generous philanthropic support of corporate and foundation partners nationwide."
- Street Share: "Veteran small businesses make up approximately 9 percent of all American firms and employ 5.8 million Americans according to the SBA. It's our mission to create opportunities for these veteran small business owners through inspirational success stories, educational content, or awards that provide a boost of financial support to grow their business. "