80% Liquid Oil
Almond Butter and Beeswax Lip Balm
Yield 5 0.15 oz Lip Balm Tubes
- Glass or Stainless Steel Bowl
- Medium Sized Sauce Pan
- 1/4 cup water
- Oven Mitts
- Lip Balm Tubes or Pot or Tin
- 3.5 tsp Olive Oil (Liquid Oil)
- 1 tsp Beeswax (Wax)
- Measure all of your ingredients.
- Place them in the bowl and set aside. But approximately 1/4 cup of water in the medium sauce pan. It should not be more than an inch of water in the pan. Place the bowl of ingredients on top of the sauce pan so that it sits in the sauce man.
- This will create a double boiler.
- Warning: Double boilers are not a game. Miss use of a double boiler can cause severe burns and injury. Handle with care and keep children and pets away.
- Turn the stove on low/medium heat. Allow the oils and butter to melt completely.Carefully remove sauce pan from the heat.Remove the bowl from the sauce man and place on a heat resistant surface or on top of a large dish towel.
- Pour mixture into lip balm tubes, pots or tin.
Keep out of reach of water and other moisture.